Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bring on the Chicks!



Seems like I have been making a ton of rabbits so I thought it was time to move on to another Spring critter...chicks. Easter wouldn't be Easter without a chick.

Special thanks to Lisa for being a dear and stamping acetate with her chicken wire stamp. I know how trying it can be to stamp on acetate. BIG THANKS!

I used Box 2 die by Sizzix made for SU for this project. I used Really Rust to make the box. Stamped weathered background stamp on the entire box. Then I cut out a portion in the front of the box, next I glued the acetate sheet to the inside of the box. The little chocolate Lindt chick was then nestled down on a bed of brown shredded paper. I haven't used Best of Cluck stamp set since forever but the chicken on the egg was perfect for the front of the chick cage. Linen thread at the top with "peep" finished if off.



Side view of the chicken cage. I was going to wrap the linen thread from top to bottom of the box but then the box wouldn't have sit level. I'm so happy with the end result!

Stamping Trails
Karen 202

No comments: