Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter...And Matchbox Dresser



Looking forward to my family being here for Easter dinner. We are going to sit down to dinner around 2 o'clock. Making a ham. Will be the last time the kids are both here as John will be leaving soon to work at Cedar Point.


I'm so excited to share my new project with you. I made this dresser from Sizzix Matchbox, and Top Note die. So much fun to make. Basically you make 4 matchboxes from the die and adhere them together. I used wide red line tape as I wanted to make sure it held together. The top and bottom you need to cut additional cardboard from the Top Note die to make it stronger. I used the cardboard piece that came with the designer paper for that.



I didn't start out to create the easel top for the dresser but decided the top needed something. So I got to use my new button Sizzlet die.



Hubby helped me out with the brad knobs for the drawers. I used build a brad and designer paper, but I didn't want the brad to be flush with the drawer as I wanted the drawer to pull out easily. He fixed me up with little black rubber grommets that are used with wires, so I added one on each brad before attaching them to the drawer. Worked perfectly! OMG I love the little feet I came up with. Yes they are just made from cardstock.

Hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed Easter.

Stamping Trails
Karen 202

No comments: