Friday, April 29, 2011

Paper Dolls 101



Remember when you were a little girl in school and you made a string of paper dolls? Well.....I think I've been out of school too long, and I'm far from being a little girl....As you can see from the picture of the flip flops they didn't come out as a string of them as planned. After folding up the brown wrapping paper and cutting them out I got pairs instead of a string.



After playing around (3 times) I figured out how to cut the flops to have them come out in a string. I felt so silly not knowing how to do this right away. LOL



I found these cute little paper mache flip flop boxes at my favorite local craft store. Thought they would make a cute little memory box. I toyed with the idea of painting the flop but then decided to keep it natural and only accent it with a flower on the top.








I made two different color flowers, but I thought the blue one would look better as it matched the strap on the flop. Although the tangerine tango flower looks more tropical to me.



I only used the 5 petal punch and Boho punch to make the flower. I used two of the Boho flowers with pink cardstock for the center of the flower. The next two layers of the flower where made with the 5 petal punch. After they were punched from Marina Mist I took each petal and inserted it into a 1/2 circle punch to round the edges.



Each layer of the flower was sponged and molded them a bit with my fingers to curve the petals up. The leaf of the flower was done with Wild Wasabi cardstock that was embossed with a embossing folder just to give it a little more texture. Brad through all the layers held the flower together.

Still raining in Ohio. Although Skip caught a bit of a break yesterday morning and we mowed the grass. I say we, but he did the mowing. I went along ahead of him and picked up all the twigs and branches that littered the ground from the wind storm we had the night before.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: