Monday, April 11, 2011

Scallop Punch Flower



Several different ideas I used for this card. First is the use of the Lattice die. I cut one from black cardstock and one from white. I layered the black one first on a white cardstock layer. Then I layered the white lattice on top of the black one but just a tad bit off. If you do this you will end up with a nice shadow effect.

Okay moving onto the flower. Isn't this cool? Won't be able to mail this, will need to be hand delivered or mailed in a box. I cut two 1 inch strips from white cardstock. Cut the strips from the long side of a 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet. Next use the scallop punch and punch the entire length of the strips. Punch a circle the same color using 1 3/8 circle punch. I covered the circle with red line tape. Run the punch strips through a crimper. Starting from the outside edge of the circle start adhering the crimped strip to the tape, bending and scrunching it as you go. When you run out of the first strip add the second strip and continue to place it till you get to the center. Cut off the excess. Punch a hole in the center of the flower and add a decorative brad. For the leaves I punched 3 circles from 1 3/8 punch folded each in half and ran through crimper. While still folded I trimmed off the top to a point. Open them up and glue in place. Then glue flower over the leaves.

It was so nice yesterday. Got up to 78. I spent lots of time outside. Went for two bike rides. Once in the morning then again with hubby later in the evening. Also did some light yard work, and even laid in the sun for a bit. So nice!!!!!

So how do you know its Spring? Well at my house its not anything that I did outside....its the next door neighbor gunning up his motorcycle....sure sign Spring and warmer weather has arrived.

Stamping Trails
Karen 202

No comments: