Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Deer, Ship in a Bottle, Mom




So last Monday shortly after Kathy arrived this little deer wondered into our backyard. We were standing in the kitchen and I gave Kat the camera to snap pictures. And let me tell you that is one gal who knows how to get a good shot. She tapped on the sliding glass door to get the deer to look her way then she was able to get this great pic. Pretty cool as we don't get deer in our yard very often.



Sarah gave me a some movies for Mother's Day. One of them me and Kat watched called the Red Violin. In one of the scenes the violin was being taken to China by way of ship. Made me think of a ship in a bottle for some reason so that is why I made this card. Stamp set Set Sail, and Weathered. Colors Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, White, Always Artichoke. I free handed the bottle and cut it from white, sponged the edges in Chocolate Chip, cut a piece of cork for the bottle top and wrapped some brown bakers twine around it.



RAK thanks to one of my VC Rocker friends. Big Thanks Robin love this card!

Mom does have pneumonia. They are treating her with antibiotics. She is a long way from being better. Still taking it one day at a time.

Stamping Trails
Karen

1 comment:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Thanks for showing off my card. And I love the ship in a bottle idea! May have to CASE that one!