Monday, May 16, 2011

Floral Dress on a Skeleton?



So Lisa put in Day of the Dead stamps into our stamping challenge. Not really loving the stamps, but I did get my mind in a different direction and really helped to give me a much needed distraction from my mom's health problems.

Day of the Dead is a Mexican tradition, and from my research it is very colorful with lots of flowers. That is why I decided to make the skeleton into a Senorita with a floral dress. The colors used are Tango, Turquoise, and Olive. Very vibrant colors. Used the trio flower punch and highlighted the center of each with Stickles. I stamped the skulls on the base card then ran it thought the Cuttlebug using a paisley embossing folder.

If you want to see more craft projects centered around Day of the Dead holiday check out this link
also the history of the holiday here

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Tammy Q Howell said...

Creative take with the flowers on the skeleton. I really like the one she is holding. Great card!