Sunday, May 29, 2011

Simple Bird Card



I've been into making clean simple cards lately. I think I just have the need to have uncomplicated simple things in my life right now...that goes for my artwork as well.

This card uses Nature Walk, and Warmest Regards stamp sets by SU! Designer paper is the new paper that coordinates with Four Frames stamp set also from SU! The thin strip of designer paper is popped up with adhesive foam that comes in 1/8 x 3 3/4 inch strips. This I found at Pat Catan's but I'm sure you can find it in most craft stores, company that makes it is Darice. This card may look like it wouldn't fit in a A2 size envelope but it will. I cut the base card down by 1/4 inch so the thin strip of designer paper would extend just a bit over the edges of the card. Bottom layer of designer paper was cut using Spellbinders Curved Rectangles. Bird was stamped with Soft Suede on the base card then inked again with Soft Suede and just the wing was gone over with Chocolate Chip marker to give it some definition. This was then popped over the bird on the base card. Hate to try to cut around those legs! This makes it so much easier. Finished it off with some rhinestones.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: