Wednesday, June 29, 2011

AHOY



Avast ye land lubbers. Okay that is all the pirate talk I know except for the pick up lines. Don't ask me how I know them, but I'm sure you'll remember that I'm married to a retired sailor.

Had fun making this card. Its the first card I've made using pennants, which are all the rage right now. SU has a pennant punch in the new catty, but since I can't place an order for it yet....I traced it from the catalog and cut four of them for this card. Base card Baja Breeze, layer Soft Suede. White layer was run through Cuttlebug using a Cuttlebug folder. I sponged over this layer with Baja Breeze, and just to give it more color I used Not Quite Navy for the layer under the ship. I'm pretty happy with it.

Me and Skip helped Lisa move some more stuff last night. We managed to fill another truck load. Back again on Friday and Saturday. Hopefully everything will be moved by Friday so we can start on the house cleaning on Saturday. I'm sick of moving. Cleaning will be a nice change of pace for me.

I had to place an quick order from SU yesterday. I forgot to order the new color family for the stampin pastels. I don't use chalk much anymore, but still wanted to get the new colors as it won't be offered in the new catalog.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: