Thursday, June 30, 2011

Home Made Envelopes



I spent yesterday afternoon playing around with my Martha Stewart scoring board. I got a very good deal on it at Pat Catan's, and seeing how it came with an extra piece to make envelopes I had to have it. The ones I made fit standard A2 cards, but the tool allows you to make other sizes as well.




Do you see that cool edging on the flap? Well that was made by using SU scallop trim border and corner punch. How cool is that? This one was also made using a new pack of paper by Cloud 9 that picked up at Big Lots.



For this one I decided to stamp the flap and front using Flower Fest and using the burnishing technique.

These were really fun to make. I got inspired by my friend Marianne. She makes the most beautiful handmade envelopes to go with her cards, and mine are not anywhere near as nice as hers, but I really did enjoy making some. Who knows the next card you find in your mailbox may just be from me sporting a handmade envelope!

Big Happy Birthday Wishes to Jessica. Hope you have a great day off from work Jess. Eat a piece of cake for me and enjoy your dinner at the Outback!!!!

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: