Friday, July 1, 2011

Smacking my Head I Didn't Think of this Sooner!!!




How cool and handy is this! Took a round sponge cut it half then cut the two halves into thirds so I had a total of 6 wedges from the one sponge. Next I took my SU cardstock and punched one of each color using the Round Tab punch. After writing the color name on each tab I attached it to the wedges.



I've only got two of the color families finished. I'll get to the rest of them today. I'm storing them in this open container and will keep it on my desk. This is really going to cut down on my "inky" fingers as I use my stamping sponges a lot. It will also save me having 4 sponges with the same color on it. Can't tell you how many times I've done that. Reached for a new sponge when I couldn't find the one I used just a day ago (or 5 minutes ago for that matter).

Stamping Trails
Karen

1 comment:

Stamper Shirley said...

Karen, I did this several years ago, and I store mine in empty stamp boxes (since I unmounted most of my stamps, I have a lot of boxes.) I labeled one with the darker, blue and green colors and the other with the reds, yellows and similar. Then I printed out each color on little sticker sheets (easy to read quickly as I always seem to be in a hurry). Hey, works for me ... glad you did your sponges too - makes it so much less messy, huh!!