Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!



Wishing all my readers a very happy and safe 4th of July!!


I wanted to make a flag card and really didn't know what stamp set I had that would work. Since I've been working with The Open Sea and it was still on my desk it got my brain working out of the box. Since I associate this set with deep blue seas I thought it would be perfect for a flag. The background stamp that comes with the set became the stripes, and the compass became the stars. For those stars I stamped them with Whisper White ink on Night of Navy, embossed them with clear embossing powder then sponged the edges with more white. The word stamp It's A Celebration! is from Afterthoughts it was a Hostess set from the 2010-2011 catalog.

Won't be doing a lot today. Worked like a dog yesterday cleaning for my sis-in-law. Today I'm taking it easy, and most I think I'll do is grill a hot dog, but I think I'll get hubby to do that!

Stamping Trails
Karen

1 comment:

Stamper Shirley said...

Karen, I love that card ... awesome way to think outside the box! You are soooo creative!! I wanna be like you when I finally grow up (in my second childhood, that is)