Tuesday, July 12, 2011

More Pictures of DC



Didn't have time to stamp yesterday so I'm posting a few more pictures of the DC trip. On the last night there we found this cool BBQ place. Great rhythm and blues songs playing, and the food was great! I'm sure it was bad for me, but hey I was on vacation. I had fried catfish, hushpuppies, and fries. Skip of course had the BBQ ribs. They had photos of rhythm and blues players. I liked this pic of Jake and Elwood from the Blues Brothers.



I couldn't get over the pigs playing guitars. LOL Click on the pic to get a larger view of them pigs.



While waiting for our tour bus I couldn't help but feed the pigeons. They came right up and took the crackers from my hand.




The Korean Memorial was so peaceful. I got some time to reflect on that war and the soldiers that died. One of which was my Uncle Glen Boothe. I didn't realize when I took the one photo that you could see our reflections in the monument.





We also stopped by the Reagan Building and had lunch before going on to visit the White House. Had to snap a photo of the donkey and elephant.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: