Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nature Walk Mirror



I had some little hand mirrors that I purchased from Hollo's years ago...anyway I got them out yesterday and was just playing around to see what I could come up with. I used Brilliance Dew Drop ink by Tsukineko for all the stamping. I heat set the ink then wasn't sure if it would still stay on so I inked the art with VersaMark and added clear embossing powder. I still wasn't sure about the finish so I put a coat of Mod Podge over that. After that dried I wanted a border so I sponged Timber Brown StazOn around the outer edges. Seems like a lot to do for a little mirror but I happy with the results. The bird shows up better when you till the mirror a bit his under body was inked with Pearl Beige so it is a lighter ink. The Dew Drops are so pretty! Bought them some time ago when they were on sale at Joann's and I don't think I've use them. Shame on me I know!

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: