Monday, August 8, 2011

Fabric Art



Being a StampinUp! demo we receive an awesome monthly magazine called Stampin' Success. One of the things in the July issue was a pin cushion. It was made using the scallop square Big Shot die. Well I didn't have that die but I did have the large scallop circle die. So I cut two pieces of Sweet Stitches fabric and hand stitched them together leaving an opening for the stuffing to be added. Then I made two smaller yo yo's to go on top.


I suppose I could have stopped with the yo yo's but I had to add more. I cut a Tempting Turquoise piece of cardstock using Designer Label punch. To that I added two small tags using the tag punch with Tiny Tags stamp set. Added a small pin and brad to finish it off.


The cookout we had yesterday with the family was nice. We did however have a party crasher. Georgia came to feast in the garden. Don't ask me why I named the deer Georgia but that's what I've been calling her since she has been visiting us. Of course grandma Gibson, Sarah, and Skip's youngest sister Lisa were thrilled to see her. Lisa walked right out and talked to her. I enjoy Georgia, but I'll have to have a girl talk with her as she ate one of my pepper plants. Bad, bad girl!!!!

Stamping Trails
Karen

1 comment:

Janice said...

Very nice pin cushion Karen.