Monday, August 1, 2011

Funning with Fabric



So what to do on a hot Sunday afternoon? Stay buried in my stamping studio and make something fun!!!! At least that's what I do on these hot days.

I'm in a fabric swap so I needed to get busy and come up with some ideas. Seeing how I only have one fabric stash from StampinUp! Sweet Stitches I needed to use that. I started off with a little muslin tote. Used Flower Fold die and cut several flowers with the different fabric. I also cut two layers of natural batting. Alternated the sizes, batting and petals to come up with the flower. Used a button to attach the layers together and to the bag. I also sponged around the bag edges and stamped flowers from Vintage Vogue. Word stamp is from a long since retired set Pattern of Friendship. I finished off the top of the bag by hand sewing a strip of Tangerine Tango pompom trim.




Of course the bag was not enough for me. I thought it needed something to go inside the bag. So I stamped the Medallion background stamp in Soft Suede on the front of a small notebook. Then highlighted the circles with a white gel pen. The center has a Tempting Turquoise Embosslits Button attached with linen thread.



When that still wasn't enough for me...did I tell you it was really hot and I hid out in the studio most of the day?........I had to make a fabric bookmark to use with the notebook. For that I used the Big Shot again with the Two Tags die. First I fused Pellon Wonder Under to the fabric then ironed that down to very light cardboard. I used the cardboard that comes in the back of designer paper packs. Next that was run through the Big Shot with the die. Finished it off with cardstock. Early Espresso scallop circle punch, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punches.

Hope you enjoyed today's post. I had fun.....funning around with Fabric!!!

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: