Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jack of all Trades Halloween Card


This set is so much fun. I knew as soon as I saw it in the new SU catalog I had to have it. What is it about the crooked smiling face on a jack o' lantern that just makes me smile? Doesn't matter what my mood is, it can be instantly transformed to a "happy" just as soon as I stamp that smiling face.

I used lots of my new things on this card. Stamp sets: Jack of all Trades, word and spider web from another new set Wicked Cool. One inch punch also new, and something I know I'm going to love for a long time...Tasteful Trim Big Shot die.

Used 1 3/4 circle punch to mask off the moon, then used the brayer to layer on Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, and Night of Navy ink for the sky. Ground color Always Artichoke with Basic Gray ink sponged over it. Pop dots used on the pumpkin, hat and word square. Trim was stamped with the web. Layered on Basic Black, base card Pumpkin Pie.

Happy 1st day of September. My favorite month out of the entire year. Hubby says its because my birthday is in September, but what I really like is the cooler temps, and seeing the fall colors start. Fall is the best time of the year. Least for me it is. We have great sleeping weather. Mornings you can wear a sweater and by the afternoon its nice and warm. Great time to do stuff outside. Oh and yes I'll admit it just don't tell hubby I did....My birthday is at the end of the month:)

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: