Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sunflower


I used emerging color technique on today's card. First I stamped Musical Score (retired background stamp) in More Mustard on vanilla cardstock. Next I inked the Sunflower background stamp VersaMark, stamped on top of the music notes then embossed with clear embossing powder. For the next step I used a brayer with Espresso ink and brayered over the entire piece of vanilla cardstock. I took a tissue and wiped off the ink from the embossed image, and Ta-Da, the More Mustard ink showed through the sunflower. I wanted the center to pop so I inked the stamp again with Espresso and embossed with clear EP. Used 1 3/8 circle punch, and 1 3/4 circle punch for the Mustard layer. Word stamp from Grateful Greetings.


Since the inside of the card was dark I used a piece of vanilla and stamped just a bit of the sunflower on it with Mustard ink. Used a sponge to add the Espresso to center. I also used the Build a Blossom punch to make the leaves.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: