Saturday, October 1, 2011

Blog Hop Fall Happenings


Welcome to my little part in the SU Blog Hop. This Hop theme is Fall Happenings. I love the Fall! It is my favorite season. I only wish it wasn't followed by old man Winter!

Base card 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 More Mustard
Sunflower background stamp was colored with More Mustard watercolor wonder crayon, then misted with water. I stamped it on watercolor paper. Next I spritzed it with vanilla and gold Smooch Spritz then threw on some clear embossing powder and heat set. Then I used the color spritzer tool with Early Espresso marker to add some more spots. Wreath from Warmest of Wishes was stamped on Old Olive. I love how this stamp goes with the large scallop and circle punch. So easy!!!! I popped the center of the sunflower. On the side I used Tasteful Trim die and layered the two different scallops and finished with More Mustard flowers with linen thread. Word from Perfectly Penned Holiday. I am very please how this turned out.

Next on the hop is Nichole you can view her blog here

If you'd like to start at the beginning of the hop visit here

From now on this group will be Blog Hopping the first Saturday of each month. Hope you will check back with us as we have a lot of gifted stampers!!!!

Stamping Trails

11 comments:

Veronica said...

Beautiful card! TFS.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Now that's a creative way to use the Sunflower stamp--so intriguing!

Amanda Harbison said...

I just got that sunflower stamp and might have to stamp-lift your card! Thanks for sharing your artistry.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Very nice - love the colors!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Janice said...

Great card!

Nichole Loe said...

I really like your card. What a great way to use so many different stamp sets!

Linda Rodenberg said...

Very nice Fall version of our beautiful sunflower!

stampershirley said...

Karen, I love the way you used the sunflower stamp!! Another reason to own it for sure! Love the layout, my friend! Thanx for sharing, God Bless, Sassy Shirley

KilkennyVFX said...

That's a great stamp to use with the watercolor wonder crayons! I love the center of your sunflower. Very pretty and creative.

inkedx2 said...

Love what you did with that sunflower stamp.

Carey said...

I absolutely love it Karen. Thanks for the great idea and the inspiration.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating doggy)