Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Card Keeper Box


I finally had a chance to put together my card keeper box that I got from the Holiday mini. Love this box! Still have to cover the inserts, but I'll get to that later today. Originally my plan was to cover the entire box with designer paper. Well that changed after reading the directions. In order to cover the entire box you need 5 sheets of designer paper which I didn't have, and I really wanted to cover the box with Timeless Portrait paper. So I elected to cover only the lid of the box with Timeless Portrait.

Word of advise if you want to stamp on this box. While you can do it, the ink will never dry on its own. I used dye based River Rock on the tree from Forever Young stamp set. I could have just hit it with the heat tool to get it to dry but then I added some clear embossing powder to it. I'm happy I did. I stamped the tree again on Cherry Cobbler and punched out just the little girl on the swing with the triple heart punch. I small piece of designer paper was used for the label.


For the lid I used the scallop circle Big Shot die with black cardstock. Layered on that is circle from the designer paper, then I added a paper rosette. I found this clear knob in my "bling" stash and used that as a topper. Last thing I added was the black ribbon going around the sides of the lid.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: