Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jack of all Trades Mummy


I was playing around last night with the large pumpkin from Jack of all Trades stamp set. Since I'm fighting off a cold I laid on the couch yesterday afternoon and watched The Mummy. One of my favorite movies, and since I had the mummy fresh in my mind I turned the pumpkin into one. I had picked up a package of orange buttons and Pat Catan's earlier in the summer as I knew I could use them on Halloween and Fall cards.

Note to Kat....since you shared buttons with me while you were here in May I'm splitting this package of orange ones with you.


This is the first mantis I've seen all season and she was sitting on top of the screen to our kitchen door. Skip said they are like crickets in the Fall they change to a brown color. I'm not sure that is true as I think the mantis changes color based on where it is at in order to blend in. So on green grass it would be green, on twigs or dead leaves? Would be brown. I also looked up if it was against the law to kill a mantis in some states. Just a tale that got started sometime in the 1950's. Not against the law, but since they are so helpful to control bad bugs I hope no one would ever kill one. I think they are cool looking. Although I feel bad for the males, they lose there head during mating. GROSS!

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: