Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lace Ribbon Punch Snowflake Ornament


I was at the library yesterday and found a craft magazine showing an ornament made with a border punch, so I thought I'd give it a try with the ribbon punch. Of course I didn't have pipe cleaners that hold the snowflake together. Sigh! So I had to risk life and limb to drive out to Pat Catan's to get some. I say that as it was raining cats and dogs yesterday. Lots of standing water along the sides of the roads. At any rate got the cleaners and made one.

Punch strips of the lace punch with white cardstock. You will need 7 strips at 4 1/2 inches long. Form the strips into circles. I used micro glue dots to hold the circles together, but Tombo Liquid glue would work. After making the circles take three of them and thread through a pipe cleaner. Then thread the remaining circles with two more cleaners. Refer to picture to see how the spokes of the snowflake will be when finished. I used Night of Navy to make the accents to center of the ornament using the snowflake punch, then added a rhinestone to center of each flake. Tie a string at the top to hang and there you have it.


Side view of the completed snowflake ornament.

More rain in our forecast for today. My son asked me last night..."is it ever going to stop raining mom?....Sure honey I replied.....in about a month when the rain turns into snow!!!!

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: