Thursday, November 17, 2011

Non Traditional Colors


I used some non-traditional colors to create this card. So Saffron for the base, layer of Chocolate Chip that was run through petals a plenty folder, and strip of Holly berry Bouquet designer paper that was run through Tasteful Trims die. Ribbon is dotted Chocolate Chip. Stamp set Four the Holidays, and Tags til Christmas.


My crazy mixed up Christmas cactus started to bloom on Halloween. It is really very pretty. I think next year I'll try to keep it in the dark for a bit and try to get it to bloom during December. It still has a ton of blooms on it so it will still look pretty next week for Thanksgiving.


Close up of the blooms.

Stamping trails
Karen

2 comments:

Joe said...

Bring me a cutting of that cactus.

Krafting Karen said...

Sure thing. This cactus was purchased the Christmas of 94. Skip has transplanted it several times now. I think in the Spring it will need to be put in a bigger pot again.