Friday, December 16, 2011

Torn Fabric Bookmark


This is a very quick and easy gift idea for the book reader in the family. I started out by tearing Deck the Halls fabric into about a 1 3/4 inch strip. Strip was then cut to be 20" long. I raided my elastic pony tail holders and found a brown one. Fold up 1/2 inch of one end of the fabric strip,and insert the elastic. Use a running stitch across to hold the band in place. Repeat for other end of the strip.

The elastic will allow the bookmark to fit around all sizes of books. Don't sew? You could use fabric glue to hold the band in place.


I used Easy Events to stamp the clock image. Then it was water colored. I thought about printing off the words "time to read", but sometimes I really would rather personalize my projects and use a marker to write what I want to say.

It was warm yesterday so I did my walking outside instead of on the treadmill. Just about got blown away! The wind was really whipping around. Can't complain 53 degrees is great to have in the middle of December.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: