Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


Let me just say I've always been a sucker for drawers, and when I saw these paper mache ones at Pat Catan's this past week I had to get some. They had them as a 4 drawer unit, singles, or three stack. I decide to get one single and the 4 unit. First I painted them with DecoArt antique white paint. Next was to sponge on some Soft Suede ink. Love the antique look. For the drawers I added Beau Chateau designer paper. The 1 inch circle punch was great for making the finger hold opening at the top of each drawer.


Here you can see the single drawer.


Side view of the unit. I also used scallop circle, modern label, and 1 3/8 circle punches. Colors Marina Mist, Soft Suede, and Vanilla. I'm going to store tea bags in the 4 drawers, and Splenda in the single drawer. Stamp set used Morning Cup. This was a set that I got with my birthday SU order from hubby, but I was to busy making Christmas stuff that I didn't get around to using the set until yesterday.

Not planning to go out anywhere today. Maybe take a nap, watch some movies. We had a 4.0 earthquake near Youngstown OH yesterday afternoon. No damage. We didn't feel it where we live. Worries me that Ohio is getting earthquakes.

Welcome to 2012. Here is hoping it will be a better New Year than 2011.

Stamping Trails
Karen

1 comment:

Marianne said...

oh, wow, that is so cool!!