Monday, January 2, 2012

Hawk



We had a visitor in our backyard yesterday. What a great New Year's Day surprise! The hawk that I have been trying to get a picture of for months now finally perched on top of the bird house and sat for awhile. Isn't he just beautiful? Click on the photo to get a better look at him.


He stayed for about about 10 minutes. Hubby and me enjoyed watching him. Of course there were no ground critters to be found. All the squirrels must have been on high alert as they were no where to be seen.


The hawk's visit inspired me to make this card. Granted this is an eagle from the stamp set In Wilderness, but it was the only bird of prey stamp I had. Base card: Soft Suede, 1st layer Not Quite Navy, designer paper First Edition Specialty. Really happy about the designer paper. You can see the word "Flight" in the upper right hand side, but look down at the very bottom lower left....you will see the word Hawk. How cool that I cut the paper that way. Also above Hawk inside the cardstock strips you can see the word Habit. Its the little things in life that make me smile! Other things used: Big Shot, Designer Frame embossing folder, antique brad, Bird Builder punch, large oval punch, Bravo Burgundy as an accent color.


One of my New Year Resolutions: To complete the inside of my card after finishing the outside. So many times I take time and care to do up the outside, but forget all about carrying the artwork to the inside card.

No comments: