Monday, January 16, 2012

Silly Cat and Soup Recipe


My cat Burbank is just plain silly. He doesn't play very much, but he does like batting at strips of paper. I was playing with him Saturday evening. He just got tired and fell asleep with the paper on his head. LOL

We had a surprise Saturday night. My two nephews Corbet and Neil stopped over. We played board games, watched the football game and just hung out. Always great to see them!


My sis in law Kathy gave me this little Heart Smart recipe book at Christmas time. I tried the Spinach and Tortellini Soup yesterday for lunch. YUM it was good.

The recipe calls for 1 Tbsp margarine and two cloves of garlic that you saute. I omitted that and just used powdered garlic as I didn't want to fool around with the margarine.

6 cups fat free chicken broth
1 10 oz pkg frozen cheese tortellini
1 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach ( I used fresh in mine)
1 tsp dried basil
2 14 1/2 oz cans Italian tomatoes
1/2 Parmesan cheese

Melt margarine in a soup pot. Add garlic and saute until tender. Add broth and tortellini and bring to a boil. Stir in spinach, basil and tomatoes. Simmer at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle individual servings with Parmesan cheese. Yield 8 servings.

calories 196, fat 5 grams

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: