Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Clean and Simple....Fat Tuesday


I love how simple this card is. Sometimes I forget just how elegant plain old black ink on white cardstock can be. Stamp set Red Des Fleurs. Layer is popped with pop dots.


So what are you giving up for Lent? Today is Fat Tuesday. I'll be eating this Magic Dessert. I got it from the Weight Watchers site. Of course I had made this before and it was much better than this one. Silly me relied on my memory to make it instead of checking the recipe. Big mistake on my part. I'm posting the recipe, but don't be like me....follow it:)


Magic Saltine Dessert

1 small box fat free sugar free instant chocolate pudding made with 1 cup fat free milk
1 small box fat free sugar free instant vanilla (or white chocolate) pudding made with 1 cup fat free milk
1 sleeve saltines
1 large (12 oz) container fat free cool whip

Mix puddings with milk. To each pudding add about 1/3 of the thawed cool whip. Reserve remaining cool whip for top.

Layer 8" square pan with crackers. Add layer of pudding, another layer of crackers, the other pudding, and top with a 3rd layer of crackers.

Refrigerate 6 hours or more.

Remove from refrigerator at least an hour before serving and top the pie with cool whip. You can also drizzle the top with fat free fudge topping. Return to refrigerator until ready to serve.

So what I did (according to my memory which was a bad idea) I mixed both puddings together, and only used one cup of fat free milk. It turned out very thick and I had trouble mixing it. Still tastes good, but next time I'll review the recipe!

Stamping trails
Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know the points plus count for your recipe? I think it would be good.
thanks
tonilea
jiffy1212@aol.com

Krafting Karen said...

sorry I don't have the point value. It does serve six. Since I'm following the old Core plan that WW had the only thing I would count is the crackers.