Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tutorial Thursday


Welcome to Tutorial Thursday. Today I'm going to show you coffee filter pounce technique. First select three colors of dye based ink. For my sample I used Pear Pizzazz, Tangerine Tango, and Tempting Turquoise. Next you will need three crumbled up coffee filters.


You'll want to use a larger background stamp that has some detail to it. I used Hello Doily. (love this background stamp!) Start with one ink color, pounce the crumbled up filter in the ink. Lay the stamp rubber side up, and pounce the ink on the stamp randomly, but you will want to cover at least 1/3 of the stamp. Then use a clean crumbled up filter with the second ink color, repeat with the colors till all of the stamp is covered.


Next step is to "huff" on the stamp to moisten the ink. Then stamp on a piece of cardstock. I used white cardstock. You can adjust the color coverage as you like. For the sample on the left you can see I didn't ink the entire stamp. I left some areas un-inked. I think it softens the look. The one on the right I had full coverage ink on the stamp.


Layer as desired. Base card on my sample Pear Pizzazz, layer Soft Suede. I also used this technique and stamped a doily from the Delicate Doilies stamp set on the large scallop punch. Scallop was also stamped with bird cage, and bird from the Nature Walk stamp set. The bird was inked with Soft Suede, the wing was gone over with Chocolate Chip then stamped on Crumb Cake cardstock. I cut the bird out (without the legs) then used pop dots to attach it to the scallop.

Hope you like today's "Tut"

Stamping trails
Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for this neat tip! Tha card is beautiful!
Cheryl McAskill
c.mcaskill@verizon.net

Krafting Karen said...

Thanks Cheryl!

Pat Baker said...

Karen, that is a great technique! I love the shabby vintage look! Your card is great, too!