Sunday, March 4, 2012

Birthday Card and Growing Oat Meal


I forgot to post this pic of David's birthday card yesterday. I love turquoise, and black together. Stamp set Classic Convertibles, car was colored with turquoise marker.


And here is the birthday boy with his mom. He liked the 50 Sucks basket I made for him.


Growing oatmeal? Yes that is what it is called. I got it from Hungry Girl, and make is most mornings. You start with one cup of water, and one cup of Almond Breeze. Bring to a boil and add 1/2 cup of rolled oats. Reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes. This will double the size of the finished oatmeal and it is oh so creamy! Just the way I like it. Almond Breeze is only 40 calories per serving which works out to one WW point. I use it in my coffee, and also in smoothies. Wonderful stuff! I haven't tried it but I'm thinking you could also use skim milk in place of the Almond Breeze to make the growing oatmeal, but I'm sure the milk would increase the point value. I don't use sugar in this. I add 1/2 a banana, and a teaspoon of cinnamon. YUM!!!

No comments: