Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fancy Flower Punch Thanks Card


Well since my Christmas cards are finished for this year I decided to make the thank you cards. I love Riding Hood Red ink and cardstock. I don't use the color as much as I think I should. Since Cherry Cobbler is the red I normally reach for. Punches used: Fancy Flower punch, large scallop, 2 1/2 circle, blossom bouquet triple layer punch.

I started by punching two flowers from Riding Hood Red cardstock. I misted both of them with water then crumpled them up in my hand. Flattened them back out a bit and added Crumb Cake and white cardstock that was punched with the blossom triple punch. After adding the brad I took a stamping sponge with Riding Hood ink and went around the petals while it was still damp. I like the look of the Doily background stamp in Crumb Cake ink on the white cardstock.

Really warm yesterday. 73 was the high. Not like winter should be here at all, but I'm not complaining. I got to ride the bike and just enjoy getting some sun. I looked at the flower beds and found I have some crocus in bloom! What a great surprise.

I got on the scale yesterday, even though my weigh in is not till Saturday and I lost 2 pounds since Saturday. Was very happy with that, but I'm not really counting this. Going to wait till Saturday for the official weigh in.


Close up of the flower.

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

StampLadyKatie said...

Love the colors on this. It would make a pretty Christmas Card.