Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tutorial Thursday


Happy Thursday! Time for another tutorial. This one I call Weathered Wallpaper. Since I still have designer paper on my desk (yes my desk is still a mess) I took it and decided to alter the paper.

This card uses Established Elegance stamp set, and Perfectly Penned word set. Background stamp Weathered.


First step is to cut the designer paper to the layer size you want. I'm using an old paper pack from SU I believe it was called Prints Sampler. Long since retired but I need to use my stuff retired or not!

Next ink up a background stamp, any "cracked" pattern background stamp will work. I've inked up the stamp with Crumb Cake. After stamping the designer paper. I sponged the edges.


To sponge I put the paper on a work surface ink up the sponge then starting off the paper I quickly drag the sponge towards the piece and over the edge.


I hope by looking at the photos you will get the idea of how I do this. One of these days I'm going to have to look into making videos.

After the sponging was done I took a white gel pen and went over some of the designs in the paper. I also "stitched" around the the edges. When that was finished I thought the white gel pen was to bright and I wanted to mute it a bit as I was going for vintage. So I took the sponge again and inked over the white with Crumb Cake.


I used the small flower from the punch pack to accent the piece. I knew I was going to add brads to flower centers. Since using a hole punch after the flower was punched doesn't work as the piece is too small I use a paper piercer and poked the hole first then punched. I crumbled up the flowers in my hand to give them a vintage look.

Hope you liked today's tutorial.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: