Sunday, April 22, 2012

Birthday Card, Enchilada Casserole

This is a challenge card I did for the VC Rockers group. Challenge was to select scrap designer or cardstock, then add some neutral embellishments, and last add a base card with either a torn or punched edge. My base card is River Rock. Paisley Petals designer paper with Early Espresso layers. Pretty quick and easy card.
I made Enchilada Casserole last night for dinner. Pretty yummy. I picked up the wrong can of enchilada sauce. Suppose to use red enchilada sauce, but I got the mild green sauce instead. It was still pretty darn good. Even Skip liked it and we all know he doesn't like very many of my WW recipes. 1 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese 1/3 cup ff milk 2 egg whites 1 tsp ground cumin 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes 1 14 3/4 oz. can cream corn 1 box of jiffy corn muffin mix 1 4 oz can chopped green chiles drained cooking spray 1 10oz can red enchilada sauce 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast 1/2 cup ff sour cream heat oven to 400 mix 1/4 of the cheese and the next 7 ingredients in a large bowl till moist. Pour into 13x9x2 pan that has been sprayed with the cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and pierce entire surface with fork. Pour enchilada sauce over top. Add chicken and the remaining cheese. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Remove and let stand for 15 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces. Top each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream. calories 354, fat 14.1 grams, fiber 2.5 grams. I started new meds yesterday. I'll be on Pedizone (not sure I spelled that right) for 15 days. I have to say in just one day my knee is 90% better. I don't remember now if I posted but the doctor got my x-rays back and I have arthritis in my right knee. And may I just add the Blogspot changed design and I've been having trouble finding what I need to post. Grrrr. Oh well can't complain too much as it is a free site. Stamping trails Karen

No comments: