Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Magic Masking, Happy Mail, and Crockpot Cheese Burgers


My friend Marianne got me looking at splitcoast today. This technique is Magic Masking. Super easy to do. Not a new to me technique as I did this years ago. Its one of those learned, used, then forgotten techniques. You need glossy cardstock. Tear a strip of masking tape then ink it in a dye based ink pad and press it on the glossy cardstock. Hold cardstock in one hand and tape in the other then just pull it off. Leaves a nice texture design. Since Flower Fest is retiring I decided to use it today. Colors Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, and Marina Mist.


And speaking of my friend I received this cute little notebook in the mail from her yesterday. I told her sure I can use it....getting older and can't remember those passwords like I use to! Thanks Marianne!


I tried a new recipe for the crock pot.

Cheese Burger Crock

1 1/2 lb lean ground meat
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
8 oz Velveeta cheese (use the 2% one)
1 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons skim milk

Brown the meat with the pepper and garlic powder. Transfer to crock. Mix in the onions, milk and cheese. Cook on low 2 hours. Serve on buns.

Hubby liked this one.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: