Thursday, April 12, 2012

Snow


I woke up to snow on the ground. Not much but just enough to make me unhappy. Suppose to be Spring, not Winter. If you look on the lower right hand corner of the picture you will see some of my tulips. What a contrast...snow and tulips. Which leads me to the card.


Since the calendar is really off this year I broke out my snowflake stamp set. The technique is called marker resist. Snowflake stamped on white cardstock with Versamark ink, then embossed with white embossing powder. I used the following marker colors, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Tempting Turquoise, and Pacific Point to add the color. Next I wiped off the marker from the snowflakes and used some water to flick on the completed panel, to make the blotches.


For the inside card I found some matching snowflake ribbon by American Crafts. I also put a strip on the inside card front to hide the prongs of the brads.

Still hoping for warmer weather soon. To my friends in TX send some of the heat my way please!

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: