Friday, May 25, 2012

Baby Wipe Technique

I know it is not Fall and no where near to Thanksgiving, but a friend gave me retired SU Paisley Prints stamp set to play around with. I was trying to think of what techniques would look good with set and I came up Baby Wipe. I haven't used this technique since forever, and had fun doing it again. Simple to do. Take a folded baby wipe (lets make that a clean folded baby wipe:) add a few dots of several colors of re-inkers. I used four, Old Olive, More Mustard, Daffodil Delight, and Cherry Cobbler. Don't worry about filling up the entire baby wipe as the ink will spread, better to leave some bare spots. Now stamp a clean stamp right into the wipe as if it was an ink pad then stamp on cardstock. I use glossy white for this technique, but I know others use matte cardstock. See how pretty the leaves are! Of course I had to carry the color inside the card.
Now you can also use the inked wipe and swipe it across a piece of cardstock. Again I like to use glossy white for this. You can see how it just adds color. You could also just pounce the wipe on the cardstock instead of swiping it. I then just inked the leaf stamp in Old Olive and stamped over the inked cardstock.

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: