Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Mother Load

Remember those measuring tape bracelets I made a few days ago? Well while I was making them I was also looking for some charms to add to them. I just knew I had a box of embellishments somewhere. I've been collecting stuff for scrapbooking, and paper crafts for some time now. Picking up things on clearance, and closeouts. Well I found the box. It is fairly deep, long, and just chock full of goodies! Had to share this picture with you.
I wanted to cover the boring switch plate covers in my sewing room. So I got out the ever trusty Mod Podge, removed the plates then put them face down over washi paper. Cut the paper to fit the plate using a craft knife. After that I coated the plates with mod podge using a foam brush. Took the washi paper stuck it to to the plate then added more mod podge over the paper.

Pretty darn cool. Well at least I think so. Thanks Kat for the paper. This was with the washi paper you sent me when you were stationed in Japan. So happy to be able to start using some stuff!!!

John took me out last night. We went to dinner (subway), then out to see The Avengers. OMG it was such a great movie! I want to go see it again. The night out was an early mother's day gift from John.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: