Friday, May 18, 2012

Take it to Heart VC Rocks Blog Hop

Welcome to the first VC Rocks Blog Hop of 2012. This is going to be a "rockin" hop. Total of 30 blogs....Theme is Take it to Heart. If you would like to start at the beginning of this hop click here Since I'm also hosting a swap for the Rockers I decided to do a shameless plug for the 3D bags, and boxes swap. For my little part of this Hop I made two different gift bags. Both of them have closures that open in front so the topper doesn't need to be torn off to get inside the bag. Gotta love that! Reusable gift bag. Supplies: standard brown lunch bag, largest Labels Collection Framlit, Tea Shoppe stamp set, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Marina Mist ink, Whisper White, and Marina Mist cardstock, dimensionals, snail adhesive, jute twine, Marina Mist marker, heart punch and sponge. Before I stamped the bag I cut 4 inches of the top. Stamped the bag. The framlit was only attached to the back of the lunch bag. Length of jute was doubled then wrapped around the bag placed on both sides of the heart that was popped, tied on top into a bow.
Side view
Supplies: 7 x 3 1/2 white bags, Owl Builder punch, Easy Events stamp set, Scallop envelope die, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, paper clip, glue dots, heart punch, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Whisper White cardstock, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, and Cherry Cobbler ink, Wild Wasabi, and Cherry Cobbler markers, Scallop Border punch. For this bag I used small white bags. I think they come 20 to a package. Size 7 x 3 1/2. I cut 1 inch off the top of the bag. Crumb Cake cardstock cut 3 1/2 by 1 1/2 then punched with border punch. After cutting the scallop envelope with Cherry Cobbler I cut it down on the sides and back to fit the top of the bag. Only the back of the piece is attached to the bag.

I punched two hearts then ran them through the big shot using the wallpaper embossing folder. Sponged the edges and added glue dots to one heart leaving the bottom of the heart without any glue dots. Put the top part of the paper clip down on the dots toward the bottom of the heart then put the second heart on top. To hold the bag close just open up the clip and slide over the bag. I hope you enjoyed my part in this blog. Please visit the other blogs you will see some great artwork. Next up is the ever talented Deborah

If all the blogs for the hop are not up and running yet please check back. I posted early as I'll be pretty busy tomorrow and wanted to make sure my blog updated on time. 

Who wants Blog Candy? Just leave a comment. I'll draw one winner on Tuesday. Winner will get both of the bags I made for this Hop. Good Luck!

I forgot to add last weeks weigh in since I was busy with the Stride walk. Only lost 1/2 pound but that's okay I'll take it.

Stamping trails
Karen

19 comments:

MJ said...

Karen, these are great! I especially love the tea one. Fabulous job on them both.

Brenda said...

Karen love your bags. Please don't include me when you are choosing a blog candy winner. Your blog is great, too.

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Love the bags! I'll bet you get a lot of takers for your swap now!!

Patrice H said...

Hi Karen, These two bags Rock!I really must get that Tea set it is so versatile.

Gwyn Crawford said...

Love the bags!

Elizabeth said...

Both bags are super cute! I just love the 2nd one!

Elizabeth said...

Love those framelits on the bags. Great idea. (Better to lose 1/2 lb than to gain it. Keep it up!)

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Karen, these gift bags are awesome! and love that you can reclose them, too. Thanks so much for sharing.

Dawn said...

Karen, I love these and can't wait to make one, or more! Thanks for sharing!

Kym said...

OOOH! I love these bags. What a great idea. I will definitely be giving them a try.

Anonymous said...

I have a gift wrapping handicap so I'm always buying bags and tissue - thank you for the darling do-it-at-home-prettier gift bag ideas! The tea set was already on my wish list so now I have another reason to want it!

Crafts by Heidi said...

Love these bags!!! I love love the 2nd one!! Thanks for the ideas!

creations by jackie said...

I like your gift bags, they are adorable. I haven't tried to make them yet, after seeing yours I might try one.

inkedx2 said...

Very cute gift bags!

Carey said...

I love them. These are so fun looking. I would love to get a present in them (not a hint).

Your daughter is fabulous as is both of your works. Give her a hug from me.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

Kimber said...

These bag toppers are sooooo cute!!!!

Chris Occhipinti said...

Wow, what great ideas, Karen...I love that heart in the tree...it is so stinkin' cute!
Fabulous bags!

Janice said...

What great bags! Great ideas.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Very cute bags! TFS!