Thursday, July 12, 2012

Biking in the Desert

 

 I wanted to share some photos that we took on our trip. We stopped at Arches National Park in Utah and stayed the night at a camp ground. We brought the bikes along as we thought it would be fun to ride them in the desert. Skip didn't have as much of a problem with the hills as I did.
 

 And here I thought I was in great shape since I've been working out and riding the bike since March, but I was wrong couldn't handle some of those hills. I felt better after talking to my friend Kat. She said it wasn't me it was the altitude. We were at about 5000 ft. Which is a big difference from the 1000 ft here in Ohio.
 

 Yay on the bike and riding!
 

 Beautiful view of our campsite. It was wonderful. There was a space to park each vehicle, and each site had a fire pit, picnic table and shade trees. We were lucky as the night we stayed there was a full moon. So peaceful!
 

 Me and Skip
 

 Long eared bunny seen on the ride. Or as they should be called....Jackalopes
Since I'm talking about biking......I decided to make this card. Stamp set is from the Tim Holtz collection, called Playful Journey. What a great word stamp perfect for this trip. Colors, cream, Early Espresso, Marina Mist, and Baja Breeze.

I'll be posting more pics soon.

 Stamping trails
 Karen

No comments: