Thursday, July 5, 2012

Christmas in July Project # 5

How about some frame art for Christmas? I haven't made frame art in a long time, and since I found these mahogany colored frames that I had from a past project I decided it was about time I did. Base is Vanilla. After cardstock was cut to frame size (4x6) I stamped the tree from Christmas Lodge using Garden Green ink. I then ran part of the cardstock though the Big Shot using Square Lattice embossing folder. Next came a strip of Victoria lace ribbon. Crumb Cake layer punched with scallop trim border. Greeting from Word Play stamp set. Vanilla layer and Early Espresso layer cut with Labels Collection Framelits. Espresso layer was also embossed with Petals -a- Plenty folder.
Of course since I plan to give this as a gift I had to have a matching card. I used a smaller framelit for the layer than I used on the frame art. I also popped the ornament in the middle of the word Joy.


I am really pleased with how this project turned out.

Only two days to go of my Christmas in July week. What will she do next? Come back and see.

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: