Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Flowers and Picket Fence

Isn't this just a neat looking card? I was very happy with the completed project. I started with Cajun Craze cardstock for the base. There is a layer of vanilla, and smaller layer of Cajun Craze. The small layer was embossed using Tim Holtz brick folder. Stamp set used Fabulous Florets. I stamped the stem and leaves on Pear Pizzazz then cut them out. That was a bit time consuming but well worth the effort. Flowers were stamped on More Mustard with Chocolate Chip ink then cut out and popped.
Inside of the card
For the fence I used the jewelery tag punch from SU. To make the fence post I needed to make a longer strip. So I cut strips of vanilla cardstock 3/8 inch wide. Then slid a strip into the punch and pulled the bottom out of the punch to the length I needed then punched it out.

It was to hot to move much yesterday. Got up to 99 degrees which is very hot for us. I took my morning bike ride at 7 and by the time I got back the top of my t-shirt was soaked with sweat. Needless to say I didn't venture out anymore except to the mailbox to get the mail, and to water the garden. Suppose to rain today. I'm hoping it will as we can really use it.


Stamping tails
Karen 

2 comments:

Kay Jantz said...

I absolutely love this card. You make some of the most amazing stuff, paper and otherwise!!! Gotta try this one.

Krafting Karen said...

Thanks Katie!