Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ghost Rock

While on our cross country trip we stopped at Ghost Rock. Located in Utah. The rock is made from sandstone. So very cool! There is an entire story how cowboys named the rock.
Another view.
Story at the rock.
There were lots of loose pieces of rock on the ground so I had to take one home with me. Its not very big. Had it out on the picnic table and during the rain we had the other day there was a pile of sand that came off the rock. So I'm sure this will "melt" away, but I still think its pretty darn cool.
Of course all these pictures of Ghost Rock prompted me to make a ghost card. I used the Bird Builder punch for his head, just cut off the bird's beak, and Blossom Petal Builder for the arms and body of the ghost. Spider, word, and bats came from Wicked Cool stamp set. The mouth on the ghost was hand drawn. Looking at this little guy reminds me of one of the ghostly trio from Casper because of how the head is formed. I like him! Stamping trails Karen

1 comment:

Judith said...

Karen, your VC Rock idea was by far the best of all. I have already made some for my neighbors. Thanks loads.