Saturday, July 21, 2012

VC Rock July Blog Hop

Welcome to VC Rocks July Blog Hop. Theme for this Hop is Hostess Gifts and Non-Card items. I'm stop # 5 on this hop. If you'd like to start from the beginning visit VC Rocks blog site here
In this little Ball Mason jar is sugar hand scrub. So easy to make and smells wonderful! Take a small mason jar and fill it 3/4 of the way full with sugar. Then add Dawn Oil of Olay dish soap (pink kind) up to the rim then mix together. You can add more sugar as needed to make it into a paste. To use just scoop some up in your hand wet a little and scrub, then rinse off. Makes your hands so soft and pretty smelling. For the top flower I used the blossom punch. Colors used Regal Rose, Rose Red and Crumb Cake. I did a tutorial on this flower for last years VC blog hop using a different punch. You can check it out here for directions.
Here is a nice top view of the jar lid. I used the dot embossing folder on Crumb Cake then just dragged the ink over the dots. I plan to use these as hostess gifts.
For booking gifts I'm currently giving out brads, and buttons and presenting them on cardstock strips that I've placed in the tall thin cello bags. Toppers use Rue Des Fleurs stamp set.
Closer look.
And last I'm wrapping bakers twine and linen thread around wooden spoons. The tops of the spoons I used my Cropidile on and joined with a split ring.

Hope you enjoyed my little part of this fun hop.

 To go back one visit Jane's blog here

Next up on this hop is the very talented Carey. Visit her great blog here


Weigh in - lost 2.2 pounds this week. YAY!

Stamping trails
Karen 

 

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful hostess gifts! Ooh, I really like that pink hand scrub. So purty! tfs

Brenda said...

Great ideas. I would never have thought to put ribbon, bakers twine, etc. on spoons -- what a great idea. Loved your hand scrub, another great idea!

Tania said...

I love the way you've wrapped the baker's twine. Love the hand scrub, too. The scrub itself sounds heavenly, and the flower you made for the top of the jar is gorgeous.

Elizabeth said...

Your projects are all so wonderful! What great ideas!

creations by jackie said...

Well where do I beging, your hostess gifts are awesome. I love the idea of the sugar scrub and will give that one a try. I am not sure which I like best the spoons or brads both are great ideas. great job on loosing weight. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent.

Vickie Kertz said...

Oh my these are such cute ideas. These would make great stocking stuffers.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Ohhh, I love the sugar scrub recipe....easier than a lot I have seen. I plan to make some and I have a bunch of those jars to use. Also love the idea for the brads and the baker's twine. Very clever. TFS!

Carey said...

1. Great job with losing the weight. 2. Mmmm that recipe for sugar hand scrub sounds like heaven. 3. I love the jar. 4. Putting that twine on those spoons is absolutely brilliant. 5. All of these projects are great ideas.

Carey and Roscoe

Unknown said...

OMG these are just too stinking cute! Love Love Love the bakers twine idea!

Patrice Herrera said...

Sorry I missed this Hop. All of your projects are amazing and great ideas too!

Patrice Herrera said...

Sorry I missed this Hop. All of your projects are amazing and great ideas too!