Thursday, August 30, 2012

Christmas Packaging

Well here it is August 30th and I already have one Christmas present wrapped with a homemade ornament on top. How cool is that? The ornament/package tag is made from a single toilet paper roll. I started by cutting the empty tube at 5/8 intervals. I just flatted the tube and cut it with my paper cutter. Next thing was to heat up the old trusty glue gun. I glued three bands together first, then glued together three more. Then I just glued the two sets together to make the six sided star.
So I have my wrapping theme for this year. Colors white, kraft, and red. Doesn't this look nice as a package topper? The person that receives the gift can also use the topper as an ornament. Love things that have a dual purpose. Hmmmmm.....this looks like it might be a case that SU clear stamps come in.............wonder who this could be for?
Close up of the tag. I used 25 & Counting stamp set, bakers twine, small scallop circle punch, and 1 inch circle punch.


I did 55 minutes on the treadmill yesterday morning. Go me! I was just in the mood and feeling good so I pushed to do a bit more than I normally do. Also made a big pot of chili and used a lot of the garden tomatoes. Came out pretty good. It wasn't as hot yesterday and Skip has been asking me to make chili. Good thing I made it yesterday as it is suppose to be 85 today and in the 90's on Friday. Good Grief!!! I know I know....don't complain as I'll be missing these days in the middle of January when its freezing outside.

Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday.

Stamping trails
Karen  

No comments: