Sunday, September 16, 2012

Seeing Red



Red tomatoes that is. OMG I'm swimming in them! I can't believe he planted 16 plants. I can't keep up to them. We gave a lot to several neighbours this afternoon because I told Skip to stop bringing them in to me.




I plan to make a pot of chili today. Also salsa, and 0 point Italian vegetable soup. That will use up a lot of them.




Needed to go grocery store shopping yesterday so I didn't  get to play with the food processor. I'll get to that today. I did watch the DVD that came with it so I have the machine washed and ready to go.




I squeezed in time enough to make this tag. I wanted to play with the new stamping toys too!. This is just a quick tag using the new embossing folder in the Holiday mini. I sponged the embossed image with Crumb Cake. The outer part of the tag is sponged with Early Espresso. The winter boot is from Bootiful Occasions. I colored the boot with Baja Breeze, and the cuff is painted with Champagne Mist All Purpose Ink. I wanted to use pom-poms for the ends of the laces but all I had was white. So I decided to roll them in Crumb Cake ink to make them look "vintage".



My friend Lisa got me this cool tool years ago. Works really well to hold small things that you want to ink up. Saves getting ink all over your fingers.

Stamping trails
Karen 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wished I lived near you....I could use alot of tomatoes! I have to go to the Farmer's Market to buy them to make my tom sauce for the winter! Good luck and I do envy those tomatoes!
Cheryl McAskill
c.mcaskill@verizon.net

Krafting Karen said...

Wish you were here too Cheryl. I'd keep you stocked with those maters!