Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Witches Broom



Really late posting today. Our internet service has been out since yesterday morning. OMG what did we ever do before having the net?

For today's project I made brooms using Halloween pencils for the broom sticks. I'll be giving these to my nieces.

I used Mixed Medley and embossed the spider web in black then punched with the new 1 1/4 scallop circle punch. The broom was made using a strip of Crumb Cake cardstock cut 8 x 8 and 2 3/4 inch wide. First I broke the cardstock by rubbing the strip along the edge of my desk several times. Next I cut slits about 1 3/4 inch long spacing about 1/8 inch apart. To attach to the pencil I used just one glue dot on the pencil attached one end of the cardstock and started to wrap. Used more glue dots to finish it off. Used Early Espresso ink to sponge the bottom of the broom then tapped it on the table a few times to get the broom to fan out.


Here is a close up of broom and embossed web. 

Very quick and easy project. 


Stamping trails
Karen 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing. Congratulations on your weight loss. My brooms came out very cute!