Friday, October 5, 2012

12 Days of Christmas



Remember yesterday when I told you I joined a 12 days of Christmas swap? Well this is one of the projects for that. We are suppose to make inexpensive items so I've been looking around the stamping studio just to see what I had on hand. These large wooden clips have been in a drawer for years. I base coated them with Gesso, then painted them again with FolkArt Enamels Warm White. After they dried came the fun part. I used cardstock to punch out the eyes. Carrot was done with Pumpkin Pie just free handed that. Sponged around it and added some lines to give it some depth. Mouth was drawn on with a black Sharpie marker. The buttons were made with Embosslits Sweet Buttons. Attached them with a pop dot. Fabric for the scarf is retired Deck the Halls.




Here is a side view so you can see this is just a very large clothes pin. I think I like the one with Cherry Cobbler buttons better than the Soft Suede buttons, but I like the mouth better on that one. Very quick and easy project. Only had to wait for the paint to dry. Although I was a bit lazy and decided not to paint inside the clip. I know...I'm bad, but hey in my defense I wanted to decorate...who likes to paint anyway?

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: