Sunday, October 21, 2012

Paper Strip Pumpkin



I've been seeing these cardstock strip ornaments lately and decided to make a pumpkin for Halloween. This one uses one 6" strip for the center. You will also need (2) 7", (2) 9", and (2) 11". I used glue dots to hold each strip to the top and bottom of the ornament. Cropadile was perfect for making a hole in the center top to thread the Early Espresso scallop tulle through. I used Jack of all Trades for the focal point.




Close up of the leaves. I used the large heart punch to make them. Also ran them through an embossing folder.

I've been featured once again on Tiffany Bauer blog Thanks Tiffany! Glad you liked the Witch's hat I posted on Saturday. Be sure to go visit her site, she has some really great stuff showcased each Sunday!

Making breakfast for the kids today then off to the slot car show. We use to do this when my brother Tony was still with us. The boys still enjoy going. Kids...we never grow up....me included! 

Stamping trails
Karen

3 comments:

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Love it Karen! How wide are the strips?

Krafting Karen said...

thanks Cynthia! the strips are each one inch wide. Put the 6" in the center then stack the rest on both sides of it from smallest to largest. Very easy and fun to make

Elizabeth said...

Oh my!! what a creative take on the ornament design! Love it!