Saturday, December 15, 2012

On the 15th day of Christmas + Blog Hop



Welcome to the SUStars Holiday/Winter Blog Hop 

 

You may have arrived to my blog from Michele's great blog

 

For my part of the this blog I decided to play with some new toys that are in the Occasions mini catalog. Designer paper Be of Good Cheer used for the dress. Framelits Dress Up set used to create the dress form stand and to cut out the dress. Large scallop circle die for the base of the ornament. Since doilies are also trendy now I layered the completed dress form on one that I sponged with Crumb Cake ink. Then layered that on Gumball Green. Always in Style word is from a retired SU stamp set. Added some pearls and lace trim to spruce the dress up. I also added a bit of lace at her bodice. The designer paper dress was given some height against the dress form using pop dots. Oh and I had to add one of those pretty clear faceted buttons at the waist.




And now moving on to the Christmas swap......


On the 15th day of Christmas a swapper gave to me...I very pretty desk calendar. Love the CD case desk calendar.


Hope you enjoyed my post today. Please continue on to the next blog in the SU Stars hop. 
The ever talented Denise is up next.

Stamping trails
Karen

6 comments:

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Love your projects...so glad to see the dress one...I am getting ready to preorder the entire die and stamp set...love it!

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

All Dressed Up and a Christmas Party to go to....LOL So very cute...love your projects, Karen.

Anonymous said...

Very cute projects.

creations by jackie said...

Love your dress ornament, it looks oh so Vintage! Great job. Calendar is cute too.

Jayne Stenstrom said...

Great projects, Karen! I may have to break down and get that dress die after all... :)

Brenda said...

Lovely! I've been thinking of getting the dress form, may need to move that up on my list of thigns to get.