Sunday, December 30, 2012

Snow, Applesauce Bread, and more Gifts




So after watching the snow fall yesterday morning I decided to make some bread. Didn't have any bananas so banana bread was out. Didn't have any more canned pumpkin, so pumpkin bread was not going to happen. What I did find in the cupboard was a jar of applesauce, some leftover raisins from the oatmeal raisin cookies, and old fashioned oats. I went online to find an applesauce bread recipe, and came up with a great loaf of bread. Of course I tweaked the ingredients a bit. I'll post the recipe first, then I'll post what used.

Oatmeal Applesauce Bread

2 eggs
1 cup applesauce
1/2 vegetable oil
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup quick oats
3/4 cup raisins

heat oven 350. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Pour into loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. 

What I changed

no oil. Used 2 cups of un-sweetened applesauce. Added 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Love cinnamon. Didn't have quick cooking oats so I took the old fashioned oats that I did have on hand and used the food processor  to chop them down. That is all quick cooking oats is anyway just whole oats that have been processed more.
I must say it came out very moist. Even hubby liked it.


 

 Got some great sewn gifts from my friend Connie. This is a pincushion that has a trash bag attached to it. Bottom of the pincushion has non slip stuff on it so it stays firmly in place. Bag has a little pouch to hold my scissors. 


She also made a matching sewing machine cover. I really needed one!



This little dress form needle case is just darling!!!! Showed it to Sarah on Christmas and of now she wants me to make her one.

Inside the dress form. Needles are held in place on felt. 
BIG THANKS Connie! Love my gifts!!!


Stamping trails
Karen



No comments: