Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mixed Up Cactus


So I was watering the plants yesterday only to discover that my Christmas cactus must have gotten mixed up with loco weed. Remember this is the cactus that I've had since 1994 and blooms for Thanksgiving every year and not in December. So this past year it was right on time fully covered with pretty blooms, and all of them gone by Christmastime. 
So now I find more blooms on it which it has never bloomed more than once a year in all the time I've have it. Maybe its a Valentine's Day cactus? Or maybe a Chinese New Year cactus? Maybe its trying to tell me not to worry as Spring will be here soon? 

And speaking of Spring......
I got the spring cleaning bug yesterday morning and was cleaning everything that wasn't nailed down. I think it must have been that 63 degree weather we had. I took a break from the cleaning to take a walk and even though it was cloudy, and damp out it felt so good just to be outside and warm! 

Heading over to spend the day with MIL Katie. Going to take her out to lunch and maybe do some shopping. With Mike passing last week I thought it might be good for both of us to visit and spend some time together. 

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I have a mixed up cactus too. It blooms from Thanksgiving thru April and then I put it outside all summer (I live in the northeast)and bring it back inside in Sept and the blooms start about end of Oct!
Cheryl Mcaskill
c.mcaskill@verizon.net